Global settings for course report?

• 3 May 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge
  • Helper I
  • 79 replies

Hi,

In the release webinar introducing the new course reports, I asked a specific question about whether there were global settings for the report fields as we have 700+ courses and there is no way I’m going to be manually setting each one to include first/last name.

The response was that there was a global setting - however I have been unable to find it. We have the new course player enabled in our sandbox, I’ve set up some individual courses with the relevant report fields, so I know the feature is working.

I’m hoping i’m just being blind. Can anyone point it out for me?

TIA

Marion

icon

Best answer by pmo 9 May 2023, 18:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

what are you trying to do? Add first and last name to a report? Did I understand that correctly?

Userlevel 5
Badge

To ALL of the reports on courses.

This screen, but for all courses - not just one. they specifically stated that there were platform wide settings.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Adam Ballhaussen This was a question asked and answered during the webinar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Maz Do you have a specific need to export that data from within the course instead of using a custom report to pull that data across all of your courses? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @pmo 

Export? No. View, yes. I have power users that would view the course reports regularly, but because our usernames are not comprehensible, they’re little use currently. The format given by the course reports page with the extra information is very useful to them, and far superior to a generated report that only has csv etc.

As my question in the webinar was specifically answered with a ‘yes, this feature exists’, I’d just like to know where to find it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Maz, 

I don’t believe you can save those settings. I think once you navigate away they reset to the default (no first name or last name).  From a user behavior perspective it seems like your power users just need to know to toggle the first and last name when they’re reviewing that reports tab. 

Otherwise you could build custom reports that are delivered or accessible to those power users that includes that information as well.