Skip to main content
Best Answer

Group assignment based on NOT being enrolled in a course?

I feel like there is some workaround for this, but I can’t think of one at the moment, not sure if anyone else has achieved something similar? I want an automatic group assignment based on someone NOT being enrolled/in progress/completed in a course.

Use Case:

We want users who have not seen our intro course to see a landing page that asks them to take the training. But we want the page to disappear once they have enrolled in the course.  The way that we could achieve the page appearing and disappearing is with a group.  But I realized we cannot create a group with an automatic assignment based on NOT being enrolled in a course.

Has anyone been able to do this but with a work around?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Set the page that prompts users to take the training as the default landing page. Next, create a group that includes users enrolled in the course, using the condition "Users Enrolled in the Course." Assign the alternative page, which doesn't request them to take the training, to this group. Make sure the menu for the alternate page is positioned at the top of the list or above the menu for the initial page that asks them to take the training. Would that work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Agggghhh working backwards!!! Thank you so much!  I knew there was some way to achieve this.