Best Answer

Hide 'change password' from profile panel widget

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to hide the ‘Change my password’ link from the profile panel widget? It doesn’t seem to be an optional setting but is it possible through css?

Thanks,

Aimee

icon

Best answer by sgary 24 May 2022, 18:43

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 4

This is what I use:

/* hide the password reset option */

myprofile-widget > div > div > div.widget-actions-container > widget-action-button:nth-child(1) > div {

display: none !important;

}

Userlevel 3

This is in Advanced Settings > Users > Prevent Users from changing their password. Doesn’t remove it from the login page if you’re using the Docebo login form for authentication though. Also if you’re a superadmin it seems like the option is always there, but your typical user and PU wouldn’t see it.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Thank you to both. Both answers are useful but only Sigamoline’s does what I’m looking for which is to hide the link on the page widget. 

I love this @sigamoline ! However, when I added the code I don’t see the changes. Could I be missing something? 

Userlevel 4

@hlillibridge 

The code removes the “Change Password” from the “My Profile” widget. My current profile widget now looks like:

versus

Does the code remove anything from your profile widget?

Userlevel 5
Badge

The code works for me.

@sigamoline how did you get the extra text to appear around the user name? 

Thanks,

Aimee

Userlevel 4

@aswartz 

Here us the code to adjust profile widget height and to add the text:

//**Change My Profile Widget Height**/

.root.myprofile-fixed-height {min-height: 200px !important;}

/**customize my profile widget with text*/

.fullName::before { 

content: "Hello, ";

}

.fullName::after { 

content: " -  Welcome to *****University! "

;

}

Userlevel 4

@aswartz 

If you want to change the background of the profile widget you can use the following code. The url has to be for whatever image you want to use.

.profile {
background-size: cover; background-position: center center; background: url);
}

I like my background to be blue.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@sigamoline 

I wanted to try the profile widget with an image as background but I’m having trouble getting it to work. This is my code below. Can you spot anything wrong with it? Thanks :-)

.profile {
background-size: cover; background-position: center center; background: https://cdn5.dcbstatic.com/files/g/r/grow_docebosaas_com/userfiles/13034/healiossymbols.png);
}

Userlevel 4

@aswartz That looks correct. The code used to work, but when I tried, it did not work for me either. I unfortunately do not know what changed.

Userlevel 5
Badge

No worries, it’s not essential I was just playing with it. Thanks very much for your help.

Userlevel 4

@aswartz 

I finally got the background picture to work for the profile widget:

.profile {

background-size: cover; background-image: url("https://cdn5.dcbstatic.com/files/s/p/sprayingecs_docebosaas_com/userfiles/13499/mail145x145.png"); background-position: center center; 

}

Userlevel 5
Badge

@sigamoline thanks so much!