Skip to main content
Best Answer

Hide course from booking

Can someone please explain to me how we can add a course to someone's record, without that course being visible for people to book on.

We are running some closed courses and we want the people who attend to see it on their record.  However I’m worried that if I create a course and add them to it, this course will suddenly be visible to other users and confuse them.

Is this possible?

Karl 

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

think I just answered my own question. I think unpublished courses still appear on peoples records so we’ll just make sure the courses are unpublished.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@KTJD First thing Inactive the enrollment/completion email if you’ve setup in notification area. Then, enroll the users into course and mark them as completed immediately (back-to-back process by load CSV file). By this way, the learners will not be notified about enrollment& completion. However, they can view the course record only in My transcript area by searching manually.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

think I just answered my own question. I think unpublished courses still appear on peoples records so we’ll just make sure the courses are unpublished.

while enrolling the email will get triggered to learners even if course is in under maintencene. Pls make sure.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Maybe I’m reading this wrong… published courses can appear in a user’s feed, but I thought unpublishing a course should remove the course from their feed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I just checked.  If a course is set to ‘under maintenance’, although people won’t see it in the search results, it does appear in an individuals list of courses they have completed (which makes total sense to me).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are the courses in question all eLearning?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

no - ILT

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case, are you placing the users into a Session as well? If so you could just not allow self-enrollment into the course so only the users you put in can get into it, and then turn on enrollment deadline for the session to a date that is in the last so no one can enroll into the session either. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi Bfarkas,

Thanks for the reply but i already answered my own question.  I’ll simply create a course, enrol the people manually, and keep it unpublished.  much easier for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Bfarkas,

Thanks for the reply but i already answered my own question.  I’ll simply create a course, enrol the people manually, and keep it unpublished.  much easier for me.

understood, was more just putting as an alternative for others who might come across.