Best Answer

Hide Personal Performance Evaluation from Learner View

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

I am wondering if you can hide the personal performance evaluation from the learners course player page. We are looking for a way to add notes about leaners that are not visible to learners themselves. Other suggestions are welcome oh how we may accomplish this. 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Bfarkas 3 January 2023, 20:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

you probably can do this with CSS

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So you can hide this with CSS:

.course-overview .evaluation-box {
display: none;
}

but, if your concern is users seeing it, I would not recommend this route as CSS is not applied universally, i.e. the mobile app, and if the platform has changes made things could suddenly be shown for a bit without warning.

Also, the content is still there, just being hidden, so any user with html/css knowledge would be able to easily find it.

Userlevel 2

Thank you both for your insight. So when you say any user with HTML/CSS knowledge could find it. How would they be able to find it? By looking at the source code? Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thank you both for your insight. So when you say any user with HTML/CSS knowledge could find it. How would they be able to find it? By looking at the source code? Thanks again!

Yes, plus custom CSS does not impact things like the mobile app, so if this is shown there it will still be shown. It will also be susceptible to any platform changes and ‘break’ to show again. If it is an issue of users really shouldn’t see, it is not recommended to go this path.

Userlevel 2

I really appreciate the clarification @Bfarkas. We have decided not to include the instructor “notes” in the platform due to the concerns you pointed. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I really appreciate the clarification @Bfarkas. We have decided not to include the instructor “notes” in the platform due to the concerns you pointed. Thanks again.

Great, sorry this killed the solve, but I think it was the right call. I’ve been trying to think of how I’d do this and haven't come up with an elegant solve yet but will keep pondering.