Best Answer

Hide RENEW NOW link from certification overview?

• 6 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Ugh. We have so many issues with the Certification and Renewal functionality. We’ve been hearing for YEARS that this is going to be upgraded but it still has serious limitations.

Because of this we have decided not to use the option to ‘Allow users to retake the same course or learning plan to renew their certification’. I had (wrongly) assumed that this would prevent the ‘Renew now’ link from showing up in the Activities overview under Certifications. It’s still there! And includes irrelevant information and also prompts users with the option to ‘Alternatively, you can submit a new external activity valid for this certification’. Uhm NO YOU CANNOT. 

Does anyone know if it is possible to either:

1. Hide the Renew Now link completely OR
  2. Hide the bit about uploading an external certificate? 

Lastly, does anyone know when the long awaited update to Certification and retraining will be rolled out?

Many thanks,

Aimee 

icon

Best answer by ktbadham 10 April 2023, 17:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi there - I’ve not got any input on this question. Does anyone have the CSS to hide the ‘renew now’ link from the certification overview on My Activities? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there - I’ve not got any input on this question. Does anyone have the CSS to hide the ‘renew now’ link from the certification overview on My Activities? 

I’m working through testing this app to see if it will work for us, and I’ve got some CSS for you

This will hide that external training message from the renewal like page that they see when you click the link from the notification:

/* Hide external certification */
.certification-renew-alternative {display:none !important;}

This will hide the renew now link:

/* Hide Renew Now */
.certification-renew {display:none !important;}

However, hiding the link looks kinda funny on pages with expired certificates link the screenshot below:

Instead I’m planning to propose we hide the entire certification section from the My Activities page, which can be done with the following CSS.

/* Hide Certification Tab in My Activities Page */
.myactivities-sidebar a.certification {display:none !important;}

That being said, I believe all of this (especially the first bit) should be a toggleable option in the certification set up, so I submitted two ideas.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @ktbadham 

I’ve added the css: 

/* Hide external certification */
.certification-renew-alternative {display:none !important;}

But the ‘renew now’ link is still showing. Any idea where I’m going wrong? 

CSS entry
Renew now link still shows on last entry

Userlevel 3
Badge

Oh no :( I’m not sure.

I have only been tasked with testing one certification so I cannot confirm if this happens to me or not. If I ever get tasked with doing a second one I will test this.

Between now and then hopefully someone with multiple certifications + CSS know how can figure out why that class doesn’t hide it for the last link.

Userlevel 6

@aswartz if you don’t put a time frame for expiration, it shouldn’t show the Renew Now button because they would never need to renew