Best Answer

How can I find users that are assigned to multiple branches?

I’m trying to do a clean up of our system in Docebo and found that many users in one particular branch are assigned to multiple stores (sub-branches). Is there an easy way for me to extract this information so I don’t have to check each individual sub-branch to see if there is a duplicate?

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 15 May 2023, 18:27

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Have you tried exporting the users information from the User Management page rather than using the New Reports?  That might list all the branches someone is in. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

adding on to @Annarose.Peterson comments…

when using this export, to see the branch data, you might need to scroll all the way down the panel as those options can appear to be hidden...

Hi both, thanks for your reply. I tried it but unfortunately exporting directly from user management only shows you one of the stores they are assigned to, not all of them :(  Would you maybe have another suggestion on how to do this?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @yilly3 

That’s weird, following what @Annarose.Peterson and @lrnlab you should have a similar result as the screenshot below.

I did a test in my instance and I can see those that are in different branches, the system list the data and if the user is in a different branch, then it uses “ | ” to distinguish each of them.

If it’s not your case, I would suggest to open a ticket to support.

I hope this helps.

@Rosalie Ah, got it! I assumed it would show me the same user multiple times, with a different branch on each row. Thanks so much for your help and hope you have a lovely week ahead!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@yilly3 I would like to clarify that in Docebo, users can only be assigned to a single branch and cannot be assigned to multiple branches or sub-branches simultaneously.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@yilly3 I would like to clarify that in Docebo, users can only be assigned to a single branch and cannot be assigned to multiple branches or sub-branches simultaneously.

That’s not quite right. Users can be assigned to multiple branches simultaneously.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Allan I appreciate the correction! I wasn't aware of that. On our platform, we currently don't have the capability to assign users to multiple branches. Is there a specific setting we need to adjust in order to enable this feature?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Chelsy Koshy Apologies, but I don’t recall any setting that governs this in the platform from a quick scan - I think it’s just a function of the platform.

Funny, I think I’d actually like to have a control for this as we use branches to strictly reflect the org chart, and groups for other grouping needs. 

Assuming you’re a superadmin, I have no idea why you’re not able to assign a user to multiple branches.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Allan I reached out to the Docebo support team regarding the ability to assign learners to multiple branches, and they confirmed that it is indeed possible. However, this feature is not enabled by default and requires a specific toggle setting to be turned on. They mentioned that it can be activated upon request. Therefore, if we wish to enable this functionality and allow users to be assigned to multiple branches, we will need to raise a ticket with Docebo support to request the toggle to be turned on.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I was looking at the related KB article on this - https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020128839-Importing-and-Managing-Users-via-CSV-Files

If you scroll down to the Update Users section, it mentions that they changed this for deployments beginning October 2019.

Update Users

This option allows you to configure how the information of existing users will be updated upon importing the CSV file. When this option is flagged, the imported information for users already existing in the platform will overwrite any existing user information if the user branch remains unchanged. If the branch specified in the CSV file is different from the one currently assigned to users, and your platform has been activated before October 21, 2019,  you can decide whether to copy or to move the users involved in the update to the newly assigned branch. If your platform has been activated after October 21, 2019, when updating data for existing users, users will be moved by default to the new destination branch, you will not have the option to copy them to different branches. This means that it is not possible for a user to be placed in more than one branch.

My company licensed Docebo prior to that so we have users in multiple branches but don’t want that to be the case so I am looking now at the best way to fix it, which so far seems to be importing the list of users in multiple branches via csv and having it update to move to one single branch.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Nice find @mark . Multi-branch eligibility mystery solved.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@mark Thanks for sharing this additional info!