Best Answer

How can I get old, expired courses to not show up in 'Enroll user to courses' list?

• 13 September 2023
  • 8 replies

We manually enroll all users into Docebo, into a particular course. We have about 50+ courses in Docebo, all but 7 of which are inactive and no longer used. I have set all of these inactive courses to Under Maintenance and have categorized each as Archived. 

When I add a new User and then go to the ‘Enroll user to courses’ page, all of my Under Maintenance and Archive category courses still show up in the list - oldest first. So I constantly have to create a filter or do a search to find the course into which I want to enroll the user. Every. Single. Time. 

I created a filter in hopes that this filter would remain there the next time I was at this screen, but it did not. 

There must be a way, short of deleting the courses from Docebo, to get them not to show up in that list. I could surely use some help! Thanks.

Deb

icon

Best answer by KMallette 13 September 2023, 18:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dlaquaI’ve not found a way to ‘hide’ them, so I’ve done the only thing I can think of … add ‘z_’ to the beginning of each course name, and then add “Retired” at the end of the name. This lets me sort all of the expired courses to the bottom of the list, and tells my learners that a course they completed is no longer available.

If you remove the course from the LMS, then your history records for your learners go away as well.

Thanks! That seems to still involve a sort/search every time I enroll a new user, and I have an identifier in each name that I can search on that brings up my new, in-use courses. I was hoping to avoid that step, and am kind of glad that I wasn’t totally missing some easy way to do this.

I looked at my list to see if it was showing up alphabetized, so adding a ‘z’ to the front of the name would move it down the list, but it appears not to be alphabetized. 

Deb

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dlaquaAh … I enroll from Course Management, which does sort alphabetically.

Can you explain why you use a manual enrollment rather than something like Enrollment rules, etc?

We support a product sold across the US and other countries and purchases come in one at a time. We don’t use a Docebo course catalog, and we want to get the course access out to the purchasers ASAP after they purchase. So we add the user and then enroll them as one consecutive group of steps. I guess I could create the user and then go into Course Management > Enrollments to add them to the course, but it is faster to just do it in the User creation process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds like you might be able to create a group of people that purchase the course, and then are enrolled by that group into the course using an enrollment rule.

I’m happy to help if that’s not something your familiar with.

I do that, using csv uploads, when I have a group of enrollees for the same course on a given day. That seldom happens though, and as I mentioned, I want to get the enrollments completed as soon as they come in and not wait until I get a group of people.

Thanks for the offer of assistance though! I appreciate it,

Deb

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dlaqua Not to belabor the point, but groups and enrollment rules are automatic/immediate upon creation of the user. It doesn’t require a .csv upload

Ah, you meant create a Group or Branch and add users to that. I thought you meant just gather together a group of new users. Thanks! I will check it out.

Deb