Best Answer

How do I make an enrollment rule to assign new learning plans to existing group members?

• 6 December 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

From what I am reading and have experienced, new enrollment rules for a group are only applied to new members as they are added to the group. I have some new learning plans that I want all users in an exising group enrolled in. How can I do that automatically? I need to include both the existing group members and new members? 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 6 December 2022, 18:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@dianex.gomez Hi, Diane … it’s really a two-prong approach. Use the enrollment rule for the new group members (like what you’ve described), but go to your new learning plan, click the Assign Users button and then select Groups. Find the related group and then confirm. This will enroll all of the current members in the group (and any future members of the group as well, I believe. You might get away with just assigning the group and forego the enrollment rule).

Hope this helps.
Regards,

KMallette/Viasat, Inc.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@KMallette Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @dianex.gomez to your first question, the enrolments rules will only work with new users added a group once the link is made between the group and enrolment rules app. I usually build the group ‘shell” attach it to the enrolment rule, then go back to the group to finish it up and process it sos it captures all users. It’s a but of gap in the process but if you prefer using the automated rules rather than manually assigning this should help.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@lrnlab That’s how I do it too. In this case the group already exists with a few hundred users and I want to assign them all the new learning plans for 2023. I don’t want to create another group. I’m going to do what @KMallette suggested. Also, going to do a little testing to find out if this method works for exising and new group members. As KMallette said, I might be able to skip the enrollement rule. If it works this will be a good method for our power users who are creating groups specifically to implement an enrollment rule. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I did some testing. The group assignment is a one time action, enrolling everyone currently in the group. It does not include anyone added to the group in the future. Also, I was able to unenroll someone in the group and they were not re-enrolled automatically. 
@KMallette your two-pronged approach is spot on. Enroll the group for existing members, setup an enrollment rule for futures members.