Skip to main content
Question

How do you handle completion status when new content is added to a Learning Plan?

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

My use case: 
Admin Academy initially had two learning plans: Plan 1 (outdated) and Plan 2 (updated). To address confusion among stakeholders, we consolidated these into a single plan. New content gradually replaces old content. Learners who completed both old and new content retain credit, while those who only completed outdated content now show "In Progress" status.

How do you seasoned admins typically handle this? It’s a big debate at my company! Do we give them credit for the new content if they completed the old version? I personally think not since the content contains new information.

What do you do? 

1 reply

Userlevel 3

I think you already mentioned the most important point: Does the new content contain information that is new compared to the old content? And in addition, is this new information crucial/vital information?

If yes, it shouldn’t be considered an equivalent and learners should not get credit for it if they took the old content. We handle and decide this on a case by case basis after reviewing and comparing the old and new content. And from a learner perspective: most people don’t like to be forced going through “the same” content twice without any apparent reason. So we usually make sure to explain why we ask them to take the content “again”.