Question

How do you say hi to new starters?

• 28 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi. We have been struggling to find a suitable way to send a welcome email to new starters. We have been triggering it based on an auto-enrollment rule for a Learning Plan and using the “User has been assigned to a learning plan” email.

However, we find that some users never receive the email even though they have an active mailbox, whilst other do. It also isn’t ideal as we have found that if existing users change org structure they will be enrolled as the platform sees them as new user as they are moved across org units.

We do a weekly CSV import using Automation rules so have hoped to use the “User has been created (by Administrator)” but, although the audit trail shows this event, the email doesn’t trigger.

So would be interested to hear how you are welcoming your new users and see if we have missed something or need to raise tickets to get these issues sorted out!

Thanks

Richard

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Richard.Harknett we have seen similar ‘hiccups’ with these emails...they don’t seem to be firing consistently (we have active case on this)…

Another way to send a welcome email to new users is to create an additional field on the user profile with the hire date; then use that date to add new users to a Group. Then you can use the New user subscribed to Group notification. We had better success with these notifications although they are not consistently sent out either. This option depends on how you create new users and whether the “hired date” additional field option would work for your organization

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lrnlab Yes we have already got that additional field and that was going to be my next option to try, but it sounds like you are not having consistent delivery with that either. It’s very poor that we still can’t rely on the platform to do the basics properly! 

I am going to use the global CC function i the advanced settings to deliver all generated emails into me so I can try and see if the emails are generated but not delivered or just not generated at all.

We might be forced to select new users in the user list and resend the welcome email from the Actions menu as that a least seems to be working as expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Richard.Harknett Docebo support have offered a solution...they requested the we add “+ - docebosaas,com” to our SPF framework to make sure that all emails come through and are whitelisted...we haven’t yet implemented this so i can keep you posted as to whether we see any improvements once this is done.