Best Answer

How to identify and send reminders to users who miss a vILT session?

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hello! Our team is delivering recurring vILT onboarding sessions in Docebo. In a nutshell, we have a single vILT onboarding course with many sessions throughout the year. When new hires join, we ask them to enroll in one of the sessions. 

We need help tracking down folks who register for a session but do not attend. We want to follow up with these people to make sure they go back and register for a new session. The challenge is that users who are In Progress could be 1) users who missed a session or 2) users who are registered for a future session. Is there a way to differentiate between the two?

Secondly, we want to use notifications to follow up with people who missed a session. We tried using the “Learner has yet to complete course” notification to set up recurring reminders to attend a session, but this also gets sent to users who are registered in future sessions, which was causing a lot of confusion.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do? Is there a way to identify and send reminders to users who missed a vILT session in Docebo?

icon

Best answer by alekwo 8 November 2023, 09:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@IanMonk ILT-related notifications are kind of limited. We do it manually.

You can go to the course → sessions → session enrollments and there you will have only those registered for a specific session.

There, you can select people who have the Enrolled status (those who joined the session will be marked as Completed), and then in the Actions Menu (bottom right), there is an option to send an email to selected users. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@IanMonk ILT-related notifications are kind of limited. We do it manually.

You can go to the course → sessions → session enrollments and there you will have only those registered for a specific session.

There, you can select people who have the Enrolled status (those who joined the session will be marked as Completed), and then in the Actions Menu (bottom right), there is an option to send an email to selected users. 

I was afraid that would be the answer. We are also doing it manually, but it’s really cumbersome to manage as the list of sessions continues to grow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I think I said this to you on a diff thread about this, Reports are your friend here, I’ve done a combo of nightly reports plus APIs to automate this out.