Best Answer

How to track past completions for auditing/compliance purposes

• 11 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, I have a question and was wondering if anyone of you know a better way to do this. We have compliance courses that are actually the same courses completed 5 to 6 times in an year. When a learner has completed it 5 times in an year, it would only pull the latest completion date rather than all the 5 different completion dates through out the year. What other work around could be done except for creating new courses everytime a new completion date has to be assigned to a learner.

icon

Best answer by LMSica 11 June 2021, 00:52

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Unfortunately, this is a major Docebo limitation and issue we have been experiencing as well. What you are looking for is multiple completion history tracking and a dynamic recurring enrollment. On the bright side, I have heard Docebo is planning on allowing multiple course completions in the near future! Which will enable them to create dynamic, recurring enrollments.

If you need to maintain course completion history, you have to create a separate instance of the course for each completion (a user can only complete an eLearning course one time). I am not sure how they are retaking the course each time, unless you are unenrolling them and re-enrolling them. Regardless, you will only see the most recent completion date.

Example: Annual compliance course

• We have to MANUALLY create a new course each year. 
  • Run a report to determine completions and enroll all previous learners in the course. 
  • Swap out the new course for enrollment rules, notifications, etc. 
  • Retire the old course
  • Conduct either monthly or annual re-enrollments (depending on your business requirements)
  • Combine multiple reports and apply Excel magic to determine compliance rate.

Our main issue is that we want to re-enroll the employees in these compliance courses. We do NOT want to require the learners to re-enroll themselves

However, there is another option if you are ok with asking the learners to re-enroll themselves...

1. Create a certification for the course (this tracks all completion dates). Set the expiration date to 1 year. DO NOT check the box to allow them to complete the same course, or it will wipe out your previous completions. Make sure the course is in a catalog and has a free enrollment policy. 
  2. You will still need to create a new course, attach the certification, attach notifications, etc. each time. However, the learners will be re-enrolling themselves in the new courses (if they follow the right steps). 
  3. Issues
    1. If a learner renews their certification by searching for the course using the global search bar or from their My Courses and Learning Plans, the certification date will NOT be updated. This is highly possible and could create a ton of support tickets.
    2. You cannot create certification-specific notifications. You can only create a notification for ALL certifications. One idea is to re-purpose a completion notification to go out instead, but there isn’t a renew link tag.
    3. You cannot prevent the learner from renewing the certification within a certain timeframe. This is a big problem, especially if you charge for the certification. 
    4. The KB says that if a learner completes the course before the certification expiration, then it does NOT maintain their previous certification record. I have proven this is thankfully false and submitted a ticket.

*One last idea, you could create an API to automatically enroll learners for you. However, you still need to manually create the instances (unless the API can do that too). I am not well-versed on APIs. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3

Jessica,

This is so helpful.  Thank you for posting this information. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

I see this was posted 5 months ago. Can anyone tell me when multiple completions falls on the roadmap? This is a pretty big issue, even from the standpoint of needing the occasional learner to retake a course. From a legal standpoint, if we need to prove that someone took training multiple times, we can’t do that right now unless we keep screen shots or historical reports. In a world of automation, that’s just not sustainable.

Userlevel 1

Wondering in anyone from Docebo can weigh in on this and when this will become a reality? 

It is a major issue for us as we do a great deal of Safety and HR compliance training. 

Having to duplicate the courses to just create a new version then re-enroll the users is a pain!  I’ve been seeing this issue brought up and heard it was on the “list” -- but have need no movement in over a year. 

Any insight on when this change will come would be greatly appreciated. 

Userlevel 1

My Account Manager shared that multi-completions will be available in November 2022.

Userlevel 4

My Account Manager shared that multi-completions will be available in November 2022.

haha, not really |:

Userlevel 4
Badge

Unfortunately, this is a major Docebo limitation and issue we have been experiencing as well.

Same! They promised this update for winter 2023, however, they have been promising this for over a year now. 

I see this was posted 5 months ago. Can anyone tell me when multiple completions falls on the roadmap? This is a pretty big issue, even from the standpoint of needing the occasional learner to retake a course. From a legal standpoint, if we need to prove that someone took training multiple times, we can’t do that right now unless we keep screen shots or historical reports. In a world of automation, that’s just not sustainable.

This is crucial, Docebo--please get this on the roadmap. It is one feature that really sets Docebo behind other options.

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is crucial, Docebo--please get this on the roadmap. It is one feature that really sets Docebo behind other options.

@erin.brisson @matt.lewis