Best Answer

How to use the Central Repository with a Decentralized Organization?

• 13 November 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hello and Help! ;-)

We are a decentralized learning organization. For us, this means that, while I am the Super Admin for LMS, we have learning admins throughout the organization that create, manage, assign, track and train for their departments.

While my power users are able to create courses in Docebo, they do not have access to the Central Repository. This is a huge design flaw, as the benefit of the Central Repository is to keep materials clean & up to date where ever they are used. If my admins cannot access it, they are forced to upload new materials every time they create a new course. I’m sure you can see what potential mess this could create.

Is there anyone else here that has a similar set up when it comes to managing learning in your organization? How do you get around this system design? 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 14 November 2022, 17:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@jkauffeld  I am decentralized as well. We solved the problem (for now) with two strategies.  1) Make 2 persons in each other department super admins. (I know, not perfect, but it is necessary for the next piece) and 2) use course Categories extensively. A relate thing we have is very distinctive course codes so that we admins can see which are ‘our’ courses.

Let me know if you’d like more detail.

Regards,

KM/Viasat, Inc.