Question

How to use the Next button when using sequential order

• 11 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a SCORM e-Learning with several chapters loaded as separate files in a course. The course is quite long and we don’t want users to skip around between chapters. Normally we have the Next and Previous button turned on so users don’t have to leave the screen to continue on. But with sequential ordering the Next button is essentially useless. The SCORM file is not marked completed until after the user exits the SCORM file. So if a user hits next they receive a pop up that says

“Prerequisites Not Met

To unlock this lesson you must first complete the following:”

It then lists the exact Chapter that they just finished. Has anyone found a way to trigger the end of a SCORM file without exiting out of the SCORM file? 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @karilynnrussell - what are you authoring in? Or what was the course authored in?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh wait a minute wait a minute - this is not a scorm question….it is a pre requisite question.

So you should be able to support a sequence of events by enforcing one thing to be done at a time...are you deploying this at the Learning Plan level or the course level?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And the last note - yes - many authoring systems support sending a cmi interaction to the learning system saying that the SCORM course is completed without leaving the SCORM course.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@dklinger I think we use Rise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

https://community.articulate.com/articles/rise-360-control-navigation

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@karilynnrussell - you all maybe leveraging everything in the article…but I brought to the table how to work with sequenced navigation. It sounds like you may also be running into a dilemma of how the course is choosing to bookmark…have you tried changing the SCORM output? I say that because we also had issues with it and saw some improvements when we changed formats - but at a price - so if you find my suggestion works? Please test…test…test….

For all the love that Rise gets? We had problems with enforcing sequencing and proper scoring.

It is at a point where Rise is being reserved for simple courses and we go with the flagship (Articulate Storyline 360) for anything fancier…

Good luck..

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

From what i can see this question was never answered, and i have run into the same problem today. The ‘Next’ button that takes you onto the next unit/training resource doesn't work.  you first have to close the current unit which marks it as complete, then you are allow to progress (rendering the next button useless).  @dklinger  are you saying this is a scorm property issue rather than doecebo?

Has anyone else solved this?