Best Answer

Iframe a forum into a SCORM package?

• 19 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

Is there any way to iframe a forum into a SCORM package? It would be great if users could complete their forum assignments right in the Rise course without having to exit the SCORM package. It works linking to it, but iframing it I get a “Firefox can’t open this page” because our Docebo instance won’t allow it due to security reasons. Is that a setting I can change?

If it is possible, how would people from different cohorts see the right version of the forum? Has anyone ever done that?

icon

Best answer by dklinger 20 February 2022, 05:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I think you are going to continue to run into challenges with the approach.

You can’t use the course shell for the forum?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In short you can iFrame in many things into scorm…but if you are going to look to have someone interact with the content in the iFrame? You may land up with cross-server side types of issues - which is more of a challenge of your content and iFrame a themselves not the scorm packsge…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @dklinger Thanks for weighing in and for the heads up for the issues this might create. I’m hoping to find a way to allow learners to complete forum assignments without having to leave the SCORM package. It’s a lot of back and forth and I’d like to find a way to create a continuous learning experience. If iframes are not the answer, what are other options and best practices?