Skip to main content
Best Answer

Impact of updating training materials for Certifications and Retraining

• 19 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello! 

We have a course set up for Certification & Retraining that is coming up for renewal soon. I have made some minor updates to the training material (SCORM 2004), which I’m hoping to upload through the Central Repository without impacting the course. However, I need to know what, if any, impact this will have on the Certification & Retraining process and whether I should update it by Overwriting the content or by Versioning the content? Which will have less impact on the users and guarantee that the course records will be archived, and the course set to Renew on the appropriate dates.

I’ve read the following articles: Managing the Certification and Retraining App, Managing the Central Repository, and Uploading and Managing SCORM as Training Material, but I do not see anything that would answer my questions. This is an annual compliance training event, so I cannot risk getting it wrong or having to manually re-enroll everyone on their respective renewal dates throughout the year (if the Certification & Retraining doesn’t work as expected). Has anyone done this before and, if so, how did it work?

Many thanks for your advice!

3 replies

Userlevel 3

I haven’t made personal experiences with such a situation yet, but maybe this article is helpful: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020083540-Managing-training-material-settings-and-prerequisites
It might be an option to hide the outdated training material and add the new version as another training material. This wouldn’t mess with the completion from what I understand. Could be a feasible solution.
The article also mentions that deletion of the training material would reset tracking, but I can’t tell either if overwriting is considered a deletion. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply @StefanW! I think that hiding the older training material and uploading the newer training material may work! I do know that deleting it will remove historical training records, which I do not want, so this may be the best approach.

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: I learned from Docebo Help Desk that by uploading the SCORM package to the Central Repository is the BEST way to make minor updates without impacting the Certification & Retraining Process. I followed this recommendation, and it seems to have worked successfully. Thanks to Dennis at Docebo!