Question

Increase size of HTML page/window

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have an interactive video that I am trying to embed as a training material in a new course. I can insert the video through an iFrame and HTML option but the window does not resize to match the dimensions of the embedded video (800 h x 600 w). Is there an option to increase the size of the HTML training material window? 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What is the control setup of the embedded content you are putting in?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Bfarkas Not sure what you mean by control setup. Here’s the iframe code that I’m using with the HTML training material. 

<iframe src="https://mybiteshares.com/bites/182592/timestamp=1676988080858" height="800" width="600" title="Bites Listening Empathy"></iframe>

I have the same issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So in the iframe source there, it is specifying the height as 800px and width as 600px, those are absolute measurements and will not be responsive. 

Getting an iframe truly responsive is a bit tricky, the simplest but not fully responsive is to change the width to 100% and then set the height to either a large number that will always be big enough, or large enough to mostly be ok and let the overflow scroll.

There are a lot of other techniques to make it fully responsive, but many rely on either javascript or being able to control CSS better.