Skip to main content

Integration with CPE Reporting System (Accounting Firm)

• 19 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m curious if there are any fellow accounting firms in the Community?

We’re onboarding Docebo as our LMS, but we use Prolaera (soon to become LCVista) to track our CPAs’ continuing professional education towards their license renewal requirements. Would love to hear if/how other firms are integrating Docebo with CPE tracking platforms.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I don’t have any direct experience here, but wanted to note that LCVista appears to be following a similar playbook to Docebo with respect to integrations: Where Docebo has Docebo Connect (powered by Workato), LCVista has LCVista Connections powered by Workato, currently in beta.

I would say this is generally good news for you, but there are a couple of important caveats.

First, I’ve noticed that Docebo’s connector is not listed in Workato’s Connector Library. My best guess is that this is to encourage Docebo customers to buy the Connect add-on instead of simply making a deal with Workato directly. Anyway, the same seems to be true for LCVista, which means that if you had either Docebo Connect or LCVista, you would likely need to use the universal HTTP connector to talk with the other platform.

As such, you’d want to be familiar with reading API documentation and formulating API calls accordingly. In my opinion, Docebo’s APIs are extensive and well-documented (at least relative to many other SaaS products I know of). I can’t comment on LCVista’s API(s), but I suspect it’s at least fit for purpose if they’ve been able to partner with Workato on this.

Second, if you’re considering which add-on to get (Docebo Connect or LCVista Connections), note that it would appear that they have different billing models. Docebo charges based on the number of active Connectors, whereas LCVista states that their billing is based on the number of tasks used. It’s impossible for me to say which model would work out to be cheaper, but I can say that the nice thing about Docebo’s model is that (a) you know what it’s going to cost you; and (b) you don’t have to stress over making your recipes as efficient as can be -- this can be helpful if you don’t have the tech resources available to optimize your logic, etc.