Skip to main content

So I’m just hoping someone else here has a similar situation and is willing to share ideas on a solution. 

Our docebo platform is mostly for product education, so new customers can log on and take courses while they’re going through onboarding and implementation. 

We have an enterprise setup with three domains, because we have three different user types. 

1. Internal employees who log on using a company SSO
  2. Product #1 customers who log in using a different SSO
  3. Product #2 customers who don’t have an a SSO and have their accounts created by an admin 

Internal employees are supposed to be recommending courses to their clients for onboarding and implementation. The problem is, they can’t just copy and paste a course link to the client, that will direct the customer to the employee domain and they’ll get an error. 

So I have a separate page in our internal confluence with descriptions of all the courses, topics covered, and a customer domain link. The idea is that internal people can browse that, and send those links to their clients. 

This feels inefficient, and it’s causing friction with getting our internal users to adopt our Docebo platform and see it as a real resource for their clients. 

Any ideas? At this point it feels like the employee domain is causing more issues than it’s solving (yes, it’s easier for them to log in via SSO, but then they have to go to an external resource to actually do their jobs). 

Hi KMcNeillie! 

I looked in the Knowledge Base and it looks like there might be a feature you can turn on that could help in your exact situation: extended enterprise with multiple domains, sharing content links from the global level. Do you have it toggled on to show "Share this view" button? Check out this KB article and let me know if that could help! 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124899-Managing-the-Extended-enterprise-app

If that doesn’t work, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other options out there.

If that’s the situation, can you share the reasoning for why your internal employees have a separate domain than the customers with Product #1? For example, are they taking education courses as well and you need them separate for compliance reasons? If not, the simplest solution seems like possibly doing away with domain #1 for employees and putting them automatically into domain #2. How many users are you looking at in domain #1 and how often do you add new users? 

Thanks!

Cheyenne 

Hi KMcNeillie! 

I looked in the Knowledge Base and it looks like there might be a feature you can turn on that could help in your exact situation: extended enterprise with multiple domains, sharing content links from the global level. Do you have it toggled on to show "Share this view" button? Check out this KB article and let me know if that could help! 

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020124899-Managing-the-Extended-enterprise-app

If that doesn’t work, that doesn’t mean there aren’t other options out there.

If that’s the situation, can you share the reasoning for why your internal employees have a separate domain than the customers with Product #1? For example, are they taking education courses as well and you need them separate for compliance reasons? If not, the simplest solution seems like possibly doing away with domain #1 for employees and putting them automatically into domain #2. How many users are you looking at in domain #1 and how often do you add new users? 

Thanks!

Cheyenne 

That’s a good idea but I think the issue is that whatever URL is generated by “Share this view” will have the domain of the employee and thus won’t be accessible by a customer. 

I’d like to second the reconsideration of a separate employee domain and offer a solution for maintaining employee sso. If you were to abandon the employee domain would it be possible to configure sso with different protocol than you’re using for customers? It is true that you can only have one SAML sso per domain but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re limited to one sso. You could also use OpenID connect and white label the button to say something like “Employee Login” to reduce confusion.