Best Answer

Is it possible to remove the score part of course assignments?

• 29 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

For some of our courses we have an assignment that needs to be evaluated before the learner can complete the course. We just want the assignment to be a pass or not though and not have to determine a score out of 100 each time. Is there a way to remove the score part using CSS script or something? Has anyone done this before or found another work around?

icon

Best answer by modonetwork 2 April 2022, 09:21

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @JMouatt we looked into this as well but havent any way to remove this. Hiding it with CSS probably won't work either as it’s part of the evaluation process...Might be a good ida to post unless someone does have a way to do this...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @JMouatt , 

it’s possible to hide the “Score” parts via CSS but pay attention!

Here below the code to remove that parts: 

/* MODO: To hide the "Score" header of Reports Tab inside a course */
#player-reports-deliverables-grid_c6{dispaly: none;}
/* MODO: To hide the "Score" row of Reports Tab inside a course. ATTENTION: Right now is the 7th column. In the future could change! */
#report-deliverables-grid #player-reports-deliverables-grid .gridItemsContainer .items tbody td:nth-child(7){dispaly: none;}
/* MODO: To hide the "Evaluation Form" as an Instructor */
.modal-evaluate-deliverable .modal-body .instructor-section .score-wrapper{display:none;}

This code will only “hide” the score form and fields from any browser view, it do not remove it!

That means that the score will always be “0” (zero) for each assignment. So you will probably have to change the “Score & Credit” settings in the Course Properties. Otherwise you will probably see “0” (zero) in the score of Course Reports. 

Hope this could help.

MODO

Userlevel 1
Badge

@modonetwork I’ll try it out and see if that works for my use case. Ideally I do not want the learners to see the score, but this might be a better solution to how it is currently.