Best Answer

is it possible to show ILT sessions to specific groups only ?

• 30 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hello everyone, 

I run ILT sessions of the same course for colleagues in the UK and Australia. Is it possible, as it was with my last LMS, to choose which groups see which sessions, so for example UK colleagues (I have UK_users and Austraila_users groups already set up) won’t see sessions listed at 2am in the morning, and vice versa ?

Stephen

PS I don’t want to create two separate courses. Thanks

icon

Best answer by Neil Patterson 30 August 2022, 09:16

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

As far as I know, you can only set the course visibility. 

We have the same issue where we have a course that we run for the different grades of lawyer.  We don’t want to create a new course per grade as 95% of the content is the same, but some of it is only relevant to each grade.  We just name the sessions after who they are applicable to and comms out that they must select the relevant level.

Won’t help with your scenario, but I’d be very interested to know if it is possible!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’d also like to know if this is possible, so adding a reply to stay in the loop.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

there is no way to do this as far as I know...we have a similar scenario and had to create course copies to accommodate our needs...The only other suggestion I have would be to utilize the Session names, descriptions and perhaps even the custom fields to create sessions that have your location names prominently displayed in the list of sessions (rather than just using the classic classroom locations)

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I echo the others - this is not currently possible. I’m hoping that sessions get visibility and direct links in future enhancements - that would add a great deal of flexibility to classroom management and avoid having to create multiple courses to satisfy different audiences.