Best Answer

Is it possible to trace responses to questions from a SCORM file back to the user?

• 13 April 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Good morning Docebo Community.

I would like to set up a course that asks users a question - using a text entry, completely free-form - within a SCORMed course (made using Storyline). The SMEs are hoping that we can save/file the responses and email them back at a later date (a sort of ‘see how much you learned’ type of idea).

The first part of this is easy, but my issue is that once i have the responses in the LMS, how do I know who answered what? I look in Reports, then ‘Training Material Statistics’ & click on the module in question, then click ‘Answers Breakdown’ to drill down & find the responses. But it’s all anonymous. Is there another way to do this so I can see what user wrote what response? One thought I have is whether I can piece things together if there are multiple text entries within the module - i.e., including a separate field for the user’s name & one for their email address. Maybe the Answers Breakdown are ordered by user. I could test this myself easily enough, but for all I know they could be ordered by the time at which they receive responses, which I can’t test, & in which case if multiple learners are using the course at the same time the responses could overlap...I’m probably overthinking this, but that’s my default, it can’t be helped.

I’m trying some things out from the Storyline file itself, but it looks like I’ll need to learn JavaScript. My knowledge of JavaScript is basic, at best, so I’m not getting anywhere fast that way. I’m wondering if there’s any way I can set things up in Docebo to help me out w/ this objective.

Cheers!

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 13 April 2022, 19:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @NateC this will likely depend on how you build your course and what publishing option you use. I would certainly recommend SCORM 2004 3rd Edition so you can capture the maximum amount of information you can.

Typical test questions built into the course can be viewed via the Reports tabs on the course.

Once the user has competed the course (or SCORM package):

1. locate them on the Reports tab using the Search box
  2. click on their name to access the record
  3. Click on the SCORM Package and you should now see the user responses.
  4. you can then download the SCORM report (it’s a but hard to read but do-able)
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

HI @NateC this will likely depend on how you build your course and what publishing option you use. I would certainly recommend SCORM 2004 3rd Edition so you can capture the maximum amount of information you can.

Typical test questions built into the course can be viewed via the Reports tabs on the course.

Once the user has competed the course (or SCORM package):

1. locate them on the Reports tab using the Search box
  2. click on their name to access the record
  3. Click on the SCORM Package and you should now see the user responses.
  4. you can then download the SCORM report (it’s a but hard to read but do-able)

Oh of course. Thanks @lrnlab I should have thought of this...I’ve been using the reports in such a specific manner lately that I’d forgotten we could just click right on the user. Perfect, that saves me a lot of troubleshooting.

thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

always happy to help.