Is there a good way to sell coupon codes in platform?

• 24 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Basically what I want is for external power-users to be able to buy 10 copies (or however many) of a course for their users as they like. Ideally through the platform and ideally with less intervention from me required.

I can make the code by hand and I can run the charge by hand but I’d rather it be done automatically.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @lrodman , we explored how to possibly manage this same functionality, and in talking with CSMs, the offer solutions that still required additional administration.  Users would have to request these somehow (which I have found can only be done with some non-docebo system, like shopify, or iframing a request form), and then someone would need to create coupons for the requests.  (I am guessing this could possibly be automated through APIs, but I have not gone super deep into that yet).

I saw you posted earlier asking about the power user being able to purchase seats with a subscription.  You can also turn on the ability for a power user to purchase courses on behalf of someone else, that has worked well for me in the past with little intervention from Administrators.

Here is the info on the permission you can turn on: https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/6463399445394-Power-User-Permissions#subtitle-7