Skip to main content
Best Answer

Is there a way to clone/copy a report?

• 4 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Once you have a report setup like you want it with fields and organization, is there a way to clone or copy that report so you can change the filters to keep the basic design but run it for a different group/branch?  I’ve spent a lot of time getting a report to look like I want it to and now I need to duplicate it for different segments of our user population but can’t see how to do that without creating new reports from scratch. 

HI @jbridges yes there is...once you create a custom report, you can move to the right of the reopt to find the ellipse (...), there you will the option to “duplicate” the report

Thanks @lrnlab.  I would have never found that on my own - not very intuitive to have the ellipse hidden on the page and only displaying if I know to roll-over it.  I was selecting the report and expecting to find it under the Choose Action button in the bottom right corner.  

HI @jbridges yes there is...once you create a custom report, you can move to the right of the reopt to find the ellipse (...), there you will the option to “duplicate” the report

Minor side note on this… this function is in the “New Reports” area. If you are using the old Reports area, there is no ability to duplicate. 

(I’m still grumpy that New Reports aren’t real-time and refuse to use it, so no report duplications for me.)