Best Answer

Is there a way to see what users are searching?

• 5 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I would like to optimize tags and descriptions of content to help users based on their search terms. Couldn’t find anything similar in community or as an idea.

icon

Best answer by Rosalie 6 June 2023, 10:42

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @elainethetrainer 

The only way I can think of is by using the google analytics.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I would like to optimize tags and descriptions of content to help users based on their search terms. Couldn’t find anything similar in community or as an idea.

Great suggestion for an idea post though, would def get some upvotes! Especially with all the complaints of the tagging of content issues.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Great suggestion for an idea post though, would def get some upvotes! Especially with all the complaints of the tagging of content issues.

FYI You can request support to turn off auto-tagging (what we did).

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

As @Rosalie mentioned Google Analytics is the best tool to track the search terms searched by users. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey @elainethetrainer, as a number of folks in this thread shared, you can monitor user search behavior via Google Analytics. There are two great resources in the community that outline how you can do this:

There may be some considerations for changes to these workflows if you’re using a Google Analytics 4 property. Our team will soon be exploring how to achieve similar results to our current solution in Universal Analytics in Google Analytics 4, and we’ll be sure to share our findings in the community

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

It would be awesome to be able to get some statistics available like this directly in the LMS instead of having to have 3rd party or add-on services to get the information.  Just some basic top-level stats (I understand more detailed stats would probably need to come at a premium) - things like popular searches, courses, pages, etc.