Question

Is there a way to sort the Courses and Learning Plan PAGE?

• 1 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

On our Home page I have the My Courses and Learning Plan widget set to sort on Code so that the Learning Plans always are listed first (I have a very specific numbering system for the Code to ensure this). But I can't find a way to set the My Courses and Learning Plan PAGE to do the same thing. Is there any way to automatically sort the PAGE?

Our Learning Plans are sequential and learners get so confused seeing all of the locked courses.  We tell them they should always simply open and work through the Learning Plan.  So we want these always at the top of the list. 

4 replies

Userlevel 2

@tschoone Not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but on the page could you create two identical widgets, and use the “Item type” filter so one shows Learning Plans only and one shows Courses only? I’ll attach a picture of the way I see it when I go to create a new widget:

Userlevel 3
Badge

@tschoone I agree. Our courses are structured numerically. I wish I could sort the My Learning based upon the name!

Userlevel 3

We don’t use the “My courses and learning plans” page precisely for that reason. If you need a page with a full overview of all courses/learning plans, then I would make your own widget-based page so you can control the sorting and filtering.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I deploy a lot of custom My Courses pages for our various customers. One that is pretty popular is a column style (Kanban style). Feel free to beg, borrow, and steal this. We do some very custom designs for other customers but this is out-of-the-box functionality.

Hope this helps!