Skip to main content
Best Answer

Issue with Learning Plan Reporting - Progress Reset for Some Users

• 24 July 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a “Users - Learning Plans” report scheduled for the 1st of each month. Between the 6/1/2024 report and the 7/1/2024 report, it appears that 200+ users are no longer included in the “In Progress” status when I filter the Excel file. Reports up to and including 6/1/2024 showed many users with a status of “In Progress” and a completion percentage of 0, which meant they were working on the first course of the learning plan (or at least so I thought). Starting with the 7/1/2024 report, there are no users in the report with an “In Progress” status and completion percentage of 0. Spot-checking some of the 6/1/2024 user-specific reporting for the In-Progress/0 users shows that they haven’t started the first course, as if their progress may have been reset somehow, but I haven’t verified whether these users had actually been working on the first course prior to this change.

Did something change with reporting in a recent update that would explain this? I can’t tell what happened otherwise.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

This sounds more like something for support to investigate. I personally haven’t seen similar with my reports. Although we did have a period where all new data was not added to reports - and apparently we’d hit a limit of some kind and it needed to be fixed by Docebo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Is it possible that you need to filter for “In Progress” and “Enrolled”? In progress statuses are for users who were enrolled and begin a training material as where “enrolled” is a user who’s enrolled but hasn’t started a training material yet. 

To reiterate, there are three main statuses for enrollments: 

• Enrolled
  • In Progress
  • Complete

Is it possible that you need to filter for “In Progress” and “Enrolled”? In progress statuses are for users who were enrolled and begin a training material as where “enrolled” is a user who’s enrolled but hasn’t started a training material yet. 

• Enrolled
  • In Progress
  • Complete

That was my understanding of those statuses too. My interpretation of them in a learning plan report was that In Progress meant the user started a training material in the first course (they have to take seven courses in sequential order), but they could still have a 0% completion progress for the learning plan because the first course wasn’t completed yet.

Suddenly it’s like Docebo switched things up to say users aren’t In Progress on the learning plan until after they complete the first course, so it messes up our reporting of “X users have started or completed the learning plan since it launched.” (We filter out Enrolled on this report because the users are auto-enrolled in the learning plan.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

• Enrolled
  • In Progress
  • Complete

That was my understanding of those statuses too. My interpretation of them in a learning plan report was that In Progress meant the user started a training material in the first course (they have to take seven courses in sequential order), but they could still have a 0% completion progress for the learning plan because the first course wasn’t completed yet.

Suddenly it’s like Docebo switched things up to say users aren’t In Progress on the learning plan until after they complete the first course, so it messes up our reporting of “X users have started or completed the learning plan since it launched.” (We filter out Enrolled on this report because the users are auto-enrolled in the learning plan.)

Considering what you’ve said I think you might have a bug. The learning plan should be in progress once the first course is in progress. If that has changed then it’s new to me. 

• Enrolled
  • In Progress
  • Complete

Considering what you’ve said I think you might have a bug. The learning plan should be in progress once the first course is in progress. If that has changed then it’s new to me. 

Good to know - thanks! I’ll be asking support about it.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey kcmktrn, Support here :) You’ll still likely want to submit a ticket, but I wanted to share how we’ll generally address this.

When reports are showing inaccurate data, there’s usually a few reasons, the most notable being whether the report’s Data Lake is up to date. Support will be able to test this with you depending on what version of Data Lake your platform is currently on.

But if you have an example of a piece of data (ie, an enrollment) that shows as one way in the LMS on the Enrollments tab of a course, but shows a different way inside a Report, such an example will be something we’d want to investigate thoroughly. 

We look forward to getting your ticket! A puzzle like this will be interesting to sort out, and we’re here to help.