Best Answer

Learner has yet to complete a course - manager notification

• 16 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there,

We want to make our managers accountable for their team members if they don’t complete their compliance training and were looking at the notification “Learner has yet to complete a course”. Ideally we don’t want the manager to get lots of these notifications if a few of their team members haven't completed the training. Is there a notification or a short code that just sends one notification to the manager with a list of those who have yet to complete the training rather than individual notifications?

icon

Best answer by alekwo 17 October 2023, 09:54

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @VestaJC as far as I know, there is no way to send a single notification about multiple learners. 

Probably, the best you can get is to have one notification per employee listing all outstanding courses - use the Digest: learner has yet to complete the course event to trigger it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

be sure to select the correct one as there is another that sys “admin only”…

Also these can managed manually or you can schedule daily, weekly, etc. Note that this may not capture all o/s users since this is sent based on the enrolment date. If all your complain training is assigned at the same time, that would be ideal and probably make this work as you expect.

Userlevel 2

Hi All - Although this Digest (learner has yet to complete a course) works perfectly fine in this scenario of notifying the managers of their team members - I noticed that these include all the trainings the team members are yet to complete. Now this means - regardless of the team member being past due on a training OR still has time to complete a training.

Our requirement for compliance trainings is - We have a 30 day target(soft deadline) set for all compliance trainings. Post that, past due notices are set to go out to individuals every 15, 30, 45 days from the target/due date. 
But we do want to send a Digest to the managers, where it only includes details of the past dues and NOT of the ones who still are left with time to complete their trainings.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi All - Although this Digest (learner has yet to complete a course) works perfectly fine in this scenario of notifying the managers of their team members - I noticed that these include all the trainings the team members are yet to complete. Now this means - regardless of the team member being past due on a training OR still has time to complete a training.

Our requirement for compliance trainings is - We have a 30 day target(soft deadline) set for all compliance trainings. Post that, past due notices are set to go out to individuals every 15, 30, 45 days from the target/due date. 
But we do want to send a Digest to the managers, where it only includes details of the past dues and NOT of the ones who still are left with time to complete their trainings.

Is there any way to achieve this?

this notification works off of the enrolment date so it does not take due dates into account. If you want to send some thing based on the due date (expiry date) you will need to the notification called, Course has expired. This is based on the due date and not the enrolment date. You can configure it to go out x days, weeks, months before and/or after the due date. Keep in mind that if you want to send multiple reminders (e.g. 10 days before, 1 day before, 1 day after, etc.) each is a new template as you can only select a specific period of time in each one.

Userlevel 5
Badge

Agree with other comments, this is challenging. To address a similar issue I built multiple notifications, one to go out each week to cover a 2 months of reminders. It was a pain due to triggering off of the enrollment date and the fact that you cannot duplicate a previous notification.

I have since transitioned to digest notifications which are much more flexible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree with other comments, this is challenging. To address a similar issue I built multiple notifications, one to go out each week to cover a 2 months of reminders. It was a pain due to triggering off of the enrollment date and the fact that you cannot duplicate a previous notification.

I have since transitioned to digest notifications which are much more flexible.

did you know you can easily copy the body of your notification if you copy the code from one to the other. Click “ < > “. You can select all the text and then open the same code option in your new notification and paste it there...super quick and easy.