Best Answer

Learning Plan and course catalogues

• 28 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Brains Trust,

I am creating an external LMS site for non employees to have access to training.  Some modules will incur a cost and some will not.  I understand that in May there is a new release around LPs.  My issue is can you have a course catolgue sitting in the LPs.  I need some user to see that they will need to pay and some wont but when I change the eCommerce function in course management that will change it for everyone.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 3 April 2024, 16:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you cannot have 2 different pricing policies for the same course or LP. You can use coupons to offer up to 100% discounts for all purchases or down to specific courses though…

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say that some will need to pay and others not?

Userlevel 5
Badge

You could also use two different Learning Plans with the same content, different titles. Would that meet your needs?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab and @dwilburn 

I have external, non-employees accessing a separate menu page from what all employees see.  On this page I have a course catalog as courses will be assigned based on needs, i.e. not all users will have the same therefore I considered that a LP would be defunct in this instance.  Some users need to pay and some don’t.  I have set up eCommerce which will mimic an invoice for our Finance team to reconcile payment.  I just don’t quite know how to have some with a fee and some without.  thanks for any help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You might want to explore the Content Partners app. It allows you to grant a discount (up to 100% off for free courses) those in the associated branches. If a user is not in an associated branch, they will see the full price vs. those that are, they will see the discounted prices…

https://help.docebo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020082200-Managing-the-Content-partners-app

maybe this can work for you?