Learning Plan Page Layout for Individual Courses

• 26 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello all,

We are facing a challenge with the layout of the "My Courses and Learning Plan" page within our Docebo platform. Our goal is to create a dedicated Learning Plan (LP) page that displays individual courses separately, exclusively featuring the courses associated with that particular learning plan. This layout should not combine all enrolled courses, as we want to avoid any overlap with courses that are not part of the learning plan.

As it stands, the current features and functions in Docebo do not allow for such customization. When using the "My Courses and Learning Plans" widget, you are limited to either displaying just the learning plan or only the individual courses. There is no provision for a custom course selection display.

We are curious if others have encountered a similar situation and managed to find a solution. Additionally, we would appreciate any insights into why Docebo lacks the capability for a custom course selection display. Your input and suggestions on this matter would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance!

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Nabihah,

I agree that the standard My Courses and Learning Plans isn't great. As it should not display a single course if already the learning plan with the same course in side is already there.
For this reason we use a custom widget with channels, in which we predefine what can be displayed to the user based on the LP's and Courses he/she is enrolled. See below example on how it looks.
Maybe this will give you some inspiration to take a different approach.
In our case we focus on Job Role training in combination with Product/Technology, hence we use to channels to display this to a user.

PS. we are also able now to display LP status in a channel directly, this was not possible before but we manage to create it with the help of Docebo.

Userlevel 2

@Nabihah @Bart_at_Yamaha Motor we work in the automotive industry as well and also use job role specific LPs which have been assigned by admins only due to the blended approach that includes a paid for ILT session. We have recently moved to digital learning only on some products so have started to also have this issue where courses are showing separately in the catalogue when they are also included in a LP. We currently have to use the categories and filter by either Learning Plan or eLearning to hide the eLearning courses that are also inside a LP which is fine if our customers know how to do that! I will give channels a go and see if we can replicate your idea and make it work. We also split out My courses and My Assigned Learning Plans into separate widgets for the user so they hopefully go to their My Assigned Learning Plans to complete their training and not the My Courses. The built in combined My Courses and Learning Plans widget just doesn’t work for us for our use cases. Thanks for sharing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Nabihah @Bart_at_Yamaha Motor we work in the automotive industry as well and also use job role specific LPs which have been assigned by admins only due to the blended approach that includes a paid for ILT session. We have recently moved to digital learning only on some products so have started to also have this issue where courses are showing separately in the catalogue when they are also included in a LP. We currently have to use the categories and filter by either Learning Plan or eLearning to hide the eLearning courses that are also inside a LP which is fine if our customers know how to do that! I will give channels a go and see if we can replicate your idea and make it work. We also split out My courses and My Assigned Learning Plans into separate widgets for the user so they hopefully go to their My Assigned Learning Plans to complete their training and not the My Courses. The built in combined My Courses and Learning Plans widget just doesn’t work for us for our use cases. Thanks for sharing!

Could you provide a bit more detail (like screenshots of the categories and filters) and then a screenshot of the results?  I find your approach very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Userlevel 2

@KMallette Here is a quick screen video of the set up. It works well for us with the categories being all of our products. I first log in as me as the super admin so have a different screen to the page with all the widgets on! Happy to share! http://somup.com/c06OD7B8Mb. It’s not a brilliant video and sorry for the clicking of the mouse I forgot to turn the sound off :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@rgill29 Thank you so much!!!