Best Answer

Limit access to public catalogs on the signin page

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Our Docebo site is currently available to only registered users. However, we are opening up our site to sell courses to customers, and we have multiple public catalogs displayed on the signin page.  We do not want these catalogs to be accessible to our internal (employee) users. Is there a way to limit accessibility to these public catalogs on the signin page?

Thank you,

Cheryl

icon

Best answer by SuperShaune 8 May 2021, 16:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Cheryl!

I don’t recall if there was a way to restrict visibility to public catalogs using catalog settings.  We use the Extended Enterprise app to create different domains for our external customers and our internal employee users. Each domain has it’s own signin screen and we can set custom settings for each domain, including the setting to make the public catalog visible on the signin screen. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Thank you.  I thought that might be the case.  We don’t have the Extended Enterprise app, but may have to do that.  

Regards,

Cheryl

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @cschmelzer… This is a great question, and @Annarose.Peterson is absolutely correct; the Extended Enterprise (aka: multidomain) application can allow for this simply because you can give your users a different login flow.

In this case, it would start with a separate URL (which could be customized of course), and on each domain you could have different branding a look, registration options, and more. I have a couple of examples of different external catalog pages:

Perhaps some other clients have some more examples of the business side, but in my experience, a great option is to include some demo content (course advanced properties - catalogs tab) for these external users to consume before the purchase. 

We’ve also got a DoceboU course available if you’d like to see more.

Hope this helps! :)