Question

Limited Catalog Filter Results for Catalogs Widget

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

We’ve encountered some limitations when filtering a catalog widget with multiple catalogs on a page. For example we have a widget which has ~6 catalogs in it and when someone applies a language filter for, let’s say, Simplified Chinese it returns a filtered matrix of 12 courses. We know for a fact that there should be at least >30 courses available with this filter but we don’t see any way to skim through the additional results.

Does anyone know a way around this limitation? It does seem to change depending on the layout of the page (full page vs. ½ vs. 1/3 etc...)

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

This is just the standard functionality of the Catalog widget when more than one Catalog is chosen.  If only one Catalog is chosen within the widget, you will get more results, but it limits to 12 when searching multiple catalogs.  If the user selects a specific catalog and launches that separate Catalog page, it will give them all the results for the single catalog.

There might be some CSS that could force this with multiple catalogs in the widget, but I’m not exactly sure what that would entail.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the input @trose23 - have done some additional testing and talked with Docebo and they did confirm that this is expected behavior. It does kind of limit the usefulness of the multi-catalog widget combined with the filters. 

Going to submit an idea for this if I can’t find an existing one in the idea portal.

One work around for the time being is we are thinking about doing a more linked based approach with image widgets / custom content box widgets and then linking to pre-filtered catalog pages.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Here is an idea I posted for this -