Question

Manager enrolling users on e-learning

• 20 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone

When signing up to the LMS we also signed up to the Go1 Library of e-learning as we want our employees to have access to as much learning as possible for self-development/career progression purposes.  We therefore have two course catalogues:  one which contains all the training that is recognised by the employer as absolute requirements and the Go1 library/catoalogue.

Line managers are able to enroll their team members on e-learning that is listed in the employer course catalogue but they if they have found a useful course in the Go1 catalogue they cannot access it to enroll their team on it.

Is anyone else out there also using the Go1 Library and have this problem and if so have you managed to find a way round this so that the manager can enroll their team without having to contact the LMS administrator?

Many thanks

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

We don't use Go1 but am thinking if those courses are in their own catalogue, do managers have access to that catalogue? I know that if the courses have a cost, managers cannot assign them as hey need to purchased first.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks @lrnlab 
Everyone can access the Go1 catalogue and everything is already paid for.  A user can search the Go1 catalogue and enroll themselves on a e-learning course. Managers can search and enroll team members on an e-learning course if it is contained in our Company training catalogue but they can only search the Go1 catalogue as an individual user and enroll just themselves on a course. 

At the moment they have to let me know if there is a particular course in the Go1 catalogue they wish to enroll their team members on and I then move that course into the Company catalogue.