Managers approving enrollment to ILT courses

• 17 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We have an enrollment need that I can’t imagine is unique to us.

We have a course offering that we want to make available to a certain group (about 3-400 users), which we will do through catalogs.  However, all users will need manager approval to be able to enroll. As this will apply to our entire region, there are a lot of managers who would need to be able to approve the courses.

We need the users to be able to see the courses and then ask to be enrolled (straightforward).  There would then need to be a notification sent to their manager expressing their interest in the course, who should then be able to accept or decline their enrollment into the course.

If possible, we would like to avoid having too many power users, so is it possible to achieve what we need without turning the managers into power users?  At the moment we have to rely on communication between the managers, the teams and the T&D team, which takes up a lot of man hours chasing people.

I’ve been playing in our sandbox and I can’t get anything to work.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

We had the same situation and could not get around it without providing all managers with PU access.

here’s a post you might find interesting:

and I created a new Idea you may want to vote up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yeah, ran into same issues and resolve as @lrnlab , only other way came about was an external build. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks both.  I suspected that was the case and have voted for the idea raised by @lrnlab.  Let’s hope it gets some more votes.

A follow up question…  We would like our managers to be able to provide a reason that the training was declined.  Is there a way to do this in the platform that is easier than them just sending an email?

Thanks in advance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dan_baines not to my knowledge...only 1 template exists for declining a request and it’s for ILT only. I had posted an idea to have one for courses but not sure where that landed after they moved ideas to this site. Will need to create a new one...that said, I think this would address your needs since it would need a  dynamic field you could pull in using a short code to show personalized manger comments.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Added 2 new ideas: