Best Answer

Mass Change User Statuses

• 17 August 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am currently going through a backlog of our training, I have over 6,000 enrollments I am entering into my system that will then need to be marked as completed, and I have not found a way to mass change enrolled users statuses. Is there an easier way to do this than going one by one?

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 17 August 2022, 19:46

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @agreen3225 yes you can that but probably not all 6,000 at once. If you want to make a mass change once, you would need to use the APIs to manage that. Not too complicated but if you have no experience  with these, you may need to reach out to an IT resource to help you out.

If you want to dos this via the admin side, you can follow these steps:

1. on the course you want to update, goto the Enrolments tab
  2. Select all users you want to change the status for 
  3. you will see the Choose Action button appear on the bottom right of the page
  4. Choose, Change Status > Completed

trying to update all users usually ended up in a stalled window but if you try a few hundred at a time, it seems to work OK...not the best solution but it works

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Even if you go the admin route now, you may still want to engage an IT resource for some type of simple completion/status change tool that you can use moving forward as these situations tend to pop up a lot. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Agree. APIs make so much easier and you can also set the completion dates individually 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For those of you with the knowledge, as I am exploring API work for this very problem, would you be willing to answer a quick question? To update this in the API-Browser, would the correct location be under “MANAGE → ENROLLMENTFIELD → Update enrollment fields for selected courses”? I find the most difficult task is locating the field I need to update in the browser to get the json data I need. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I have a writeup on this for the api quickgrabs series that should be posted soon, if you want the word doc ahead of time, just DM me an email address. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

API changed the way we do things especially on historical records and bulk uploads, you would just load in API and it will give you accurate records. You can go with @Irnlabs suggestion to update status and you can do it by 100’s in Docebo.