Best Answer

Maybe the simpliest question ever - Groups UI

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Note I can add 9 other values

Let us say I add another value BIO SMIO (rhyme if you will 😂).

1. What does that tell the logic for Automatic Groups? That the one field must have both values to meet the criteria?
  2. What if I change the operator to contains. Does that contains mean BIO SMIO or BIO Clinical Labs meet the criteria.

I feel like I just may have been cooking a long way by separating out values for a field too often.

icon

Best answer by lhubbard 19 March 2024, 12:44

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

think it will look for both with the “equals” operator...I usually use 1 for each value if that fits in a single set. Using “Contains” might be best but you’ll need to test it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Equals is an exact match and will only return the one value.

Contains “bio” will return both “bio smio” and “bio clinical labs”. Contains “bio clinical labs” would not return “bio smio”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

So there is an involved answer to this and it deserves its own write up.

Almost 10 years ago for another system in another forum far far away? I wrote something else up that is similar to understand the outcomes for those that are more literal and less (or not) SQL minded. So it will probably take some staging to show it in an article. But it currently seems like you can use multiple values with equal to and not equal to...for a single condition. No need to put a single value in each condition with those operators. That will then impact a condition set.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

So there is an involved answer to this and it deserves its own write up.

Almost 10 years ago for another system in another forum far far away? I wrote something else up that is similar to understand the outcomes for those that are more literal and less (or not) SQL minded. So it will probably take some staging to show it in an article. But it currently seems like you can use multiple values with equal to and not equal to...for a single condition. No need to put a single value in each condition with those operators. That will then impact a condition set.

Nice to know!