Mentor & Mentee Review of Historical Observation Checklists

• 26 February 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3

I’m not sure if it’s the right tool for the job, but to support an employee mentoring program, I was looking at Observation Checklists in a couple of capacities.

Fundamentally, what I am aiming for is a setup whereby, each week, both mentor and mentee are prompted to reflect on something they learned/went well, and something to learn/improve. Beyond the immediate feedback, I would like the record of weekly reflections to be something both mentor and mentee can look back on at milestones (monthly, quarterly, etc.) to better quantify their progress across the entire program, not just the last couple of weeks they can remember.

Given the ability to schedule OC’s in Docebo, and the ability to define custom Manager roles (i.e. Mentor) for learners, my initial thought was to use OCs. While I can figure out the mechanics of collecting feedback, I’m having a hard time on the recall portion of things.

On the Checklists page, one can configure Filters to display Completed observation checklists. While this provides access to those past reflections, the user experience feels very clunky (and if something’s clunky, I know my learners will ignore it). 

What I would like is a page whereby mentor and mentee can browse to and see all their weekly reflections for the program. Specifically:

1. Only Observation Checklists for the program will display (no OCs for other activities outside the mentoring program will display).
  2. Mentors/mentees click on a link that displays their historical observations without having to fiddle with filters. I need to make it easy or I know it won’t be used.

To achieve that, I thought about using a custom Page, but none of the available widgets seemed to provide the ability to display completed checklists (although I could be missing something).

While I can likely build something inside a third-party tool, ideally I would like to keep things inside Docebo, but I’m struggling to find a way that can be done.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Seeing as this tool is relatively new, there are not reports or widgets associated with it...hence you would need to create some thing custom using the Apis if you want to display specific information is a custom format...you can vote some of these up if you like.