My Skills pop up

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This morning the ‘my skills’ pop up has started appearing for our users.  this has never happened before.  how do we stop this from happening?

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

hi @KTJD , do you have any skillset active? you can check in skills management.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

nothing published if that's what you mean

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi @KTJD our Support will contact you shortly

Marco

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KTJD  Did you also check that the Channel is not active?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

that might be it.  the Myskills channel was published.  we never had this issue before today so not sure if its a glitch or someone went in and published it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

that might be it.  the Myskills channel was published.  we never had this issue before today so not sure if its a glitch or someone went in and published it.

mine came back ON after I had unpublished it when it first launched...you are not alone….LOL

I am having the same issue. It just started today. I see that support was going to contact @KTJD but it might be helpful to share how to address this with the entire community.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@estauffer did you check the steps above to se of that resolves it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

mine came back ON after I had unpublished it when it first launched...you are not alone….LOL

It was just excited to share some skills! 🤣

Thank you @lrnlab and @Bfarkas. We never turned on the “My Skills” channel but when I checked today it was published. I think un-publishing that channel may have turned off the new pop-up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@estauffer originally when it was launched the Skills channel was ON by default so this may be the result of an update

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @lrnlab !  I’ll add that to my Admin FAQ list.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

As a “tip” for this one, if you’re not going to use Skills at this time, I’d suggest you create a group for just your super admins (or just yourself) and change the visibility of that channel to that group so if it ever gets accidentally enabled again, it will only show up for yourself or your core admin team and not all your other users.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I received this email from Docebo support:

“Our internal team found the root cause of this problem and I'm happy to share with you that the update containing a fix for this ticket is expected to be released on the 12th of September.

Please note, that based on the priority Docebo assigns to the issue described in this ticket, a fix may be released earlier than the provided ETA. Fixes for issues determined to have a critical impact are usually released within 48 hours. We will provide updates on the status of this ticket as we work to resolve it.

As said, in the meanwhile, you can unpublish the channel "My skills" (admin gear/channels) as a temporary workaround.

Thanks again and I'll keep this ticket on hold until the fix has will be released and keep you posted on every update.”