Best Answer

New User Email Not Sending

• 7 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge

Greetings,

Currently when a new user is created they are not being sent an email. I believe it is due to the setting below. Is this true? Also, if I change the setting to “email” how can I sure it doesn’t send an email to all previously created users? Thank you for your time. BK

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 7 March 2024, 16:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

That is true.  Notifications is only for notifications on the platform itself.  Email must be checked for an email to be sent.

All notifications look forward only.  If you create a user right now without the notification on, and then activate the notification 5 minutes later, they would not receive the notification.

Also, if you have the notification coded the way you want in the notification option, you can copy your code from the notification and use that for your email if you had made changes to the standard notification.

Badge

Thanks so much @trose23 ! Super helpful!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes, Notifications are those that appear on the top right o the screen under the bell icon. “email” option is the one you need to configure to send out. Once enabled it will only work for the jobs that are queued up after the notification was enabled. It does not go back in time. You can always turn them OFF/ON as needed. Using the notificaitons is low risk since the worst that could happen is that they would see a large number on the badge next to the bell icon...no spam with that option.

Badge

Thank you, also @lrnlab !