Best Answer

Newby Question

• 29 March 2023
  • 3 replies

When we are uploading a CSV user import file, what settings do we need to have in place or settings in the CSV so that existing users are updated, if changes are made, but not change their passwords?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by KMallette 29 March 2023, 23:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@rmontee

First, make certain that there isn’t a column for passwords in your spreadsheet, or a column to force them to reset their passwords.

Then on the upload page (where you map fields) make certain that the first 2 options under “General Import Options” are left unticked.

Other than that, if someone is complaining of their password getting changed, I would dig a bit deeper. I’ve never had a .csv upload change fields that weren’t specifically in my spreadsheets.

We aren’t using email addresses for notification.  We use a user ID and give them their user ID and temp password and require them to change it on their first login.

How would you get a default password for their initial login and then not have it change when you do another upload?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@rmontee It sounds like something isn’t clicking in what I mentioned before. Could you provide me with the column headers for your upload sheet? Maybe that can help me explain the steps better.