Notification Emails --> Sending to Wrong People

• 8 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Early in our onboarding, I setup a group called notifications and placed several individuals into that group so I could target those folks with my notification testing. It worked great.

Now that I have the notifications working the way I want - I simply modified the members of the group to only include a couple folks and added one new person.

The problem is that everyone in the original group is still getting them when new stuff takes place and the new person does not get them. It is as if the rules are stuck.

Anyone else run into this?

I have not yet tried deleting it and making a new one from scratch but that is my last resort - I guess.

Just wanted to check here first.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hey @gstager yes sometimes the results are not always as you would expect...did you check other parameters like the branch the users are attached to, whether they are users or PU’s, etc. Sometimes I find myself having to move people around to get things to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes - I verified that notifications are only sent to the one group.

There is one who is no longer in the group and is in a separate branch - (our onboard consultant) - and for some reason they still get the emails. In fact, that is how I discovered the issue. My consultant emailed me to say the notification was working and I was like… you shouldn’t have gotten that - I took you out of the group...

The rest of the original group are part of the Employee Branch.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Is your group manual or automatic?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is your group manual or automatic?

Manual

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hmm. Real weird. In automatic I’ve run into all sorts of oddities, but when i do manual its usually pretty clean. Is it possible a time thing? Like you thought the change was in before a notification but it wasn’t and now they are fine? Can you add someone else and see if that new person works?

Sounding more and more like a quirk/corrupted group to me though that prob either needs backend work or destroyed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@gstager maybe just rebuild the group all together?? it doesn't address the issue but that may be the quickest solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@gstager maybe just rebuild the group all together?? it doesn't address the issue but that may be the quickest solution.

If going this route, I would totally true switching some users quickly too and if it is working as you expect, 100% put a ticket in on the other group to make sure they don’t find a bigger issue causing it in your platform.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I have went ahead and created a new notification.

Now I will just need to wait and see what the results bring.