Question

Notification when the course assessment is failed

• 1 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone! I feel like I may be missing something very obvious. 

Use case: Instructor of an e-Learning course receives notification if a learner failed the course test only

Current set up: “Learner completed or failed a test in a course” notification is set up; I don’t see anywhere that I could limit the notification to just failures. The passing score is set up accurately for the test itself and shows up accurately on the reports page. 

Current outcome: Instructor receives an email each time someone takes the test, not only when the learner fails. 

Question: Is there a way for the email to only trigger when the learner fails the test?

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi, I am confused about e-Learning and instructor, but you are correct, I do not know of a way to do a notification for only failures.

Below is a list of possible notificaitons.

Notification events and conditions – Docebo Help & Support

I usually go to Notifications, new Notification to see what my possible events can be.

Userlevel 5
Badge

There are notifications around failing an ILT session.

Hi, I am confused about e-Learning and instructor, but you are correct, I do not know of a way to do a notification for only failures.

Below is a list of possible notificaitons.

Notification events and conditions – Docebo Help & Support

I usually go to Notifications, new Notification to see what my possible events can be.

Thank you! I looked there and didn’t see the option. But given the title of the notification and the fact that I couldn’t find any other discussions of this in the community, I thought maybe I was missing something.

There are notifications around failing an ILT session.

Good to know. I haven’t thought about this yet, but I can already see some use cases around this.

Userlevel 5
Badge

We have ILTs that are taught virtually or at our facility. The instructor is part of the grading process. The user will still receive a test they either pass or fail. Then the instructor “evaluates” the user to a pass or fail for the course.