Observation Checklists for Interviews

• 2 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, I was thinking of using observation checklists for interviews and to track interview answers that then go through an approval process. I have some eLearning that needs to be passed/completed first before the users are interviewed so I have created a course with an observation checklist as a second piece of training material after the eLearning. It doesn’t look like you can report on the answers though so I am not sure that is the best approach. Does anyone have any ideas/experience on how we can link eLearning to interview questions and track the answers on the LMS as a training material? Is that even possible? :)

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rgill29 - you have an intriguing workflow need.

A recommendation - take a step back and consider why you are using Docebo to achieve this? No knock against the platform, but you can do alot with form generators these days that will support your approach.

Is it the team relationship? Is it the checklist format? Is it other learning is moving along to the person being observed (it looks like all three check the box for ya here)?

Whenever I find the “boundaries of learning” going into a grey space with the system, I put on my systems architect hat and help people realize that either the LMS is the right fit, or it isn't during the analysis portion of the project. It saves alot of heartache in between when the implementation falls short. 

Userlevel 2

@dklinger so we are a software company and are introducing a third-party certification process with our partners. The idea is that they will need to complete a piece of eLearning and if they pass that, they then get invited to an interview. If they then pass that interview  they get “Certified” as a third-party trainer on our software so the elearning and the interview both need to be passed in order for the person to “Certify” which is why we wanted to use the LMS. Perhaps a form URL could be linked as a trainnig material instead...not sure! Thanks for your input!

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

My concern here is that you will need to create a profile for your interviewees to access a course and observation checklist, and if they did not pass you may need to deactivate their profiles which I am not sure how you are going to manage it given of a number of applications you may get. You can use a different platform for your pre-qualifying and utilize for LMS for their certification after they are hired.

Userlevel 2

@jlreonal thanks for your answer. I wasn’t thinking of giving the interviewees access to the observation checklist but just the interviewer as the interviewee doesn’t need to see it but passing it would complete their Certfication. So eLearning + interview = Certified so they don’t get hired until they pass the Certification. Maybe I will use a form URL. I wanted to find a way that the interviewer can pass the person on the interview to complete their certification via some form of automation that doesn’t involve an admin having to create an event and marking them as completed on it. (which I guess is another option) I am open to any suggestions! Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thank you for confirming. I am not sure if your LMS is the proper tool for your requirements, you can use it for the certification once they are hired. I am thinking if the applicants did not get the job, what are you going to do with the data you have in your LMS, although you do not keep track of it.

Userlevel 2

@jlreonal if they fail the interview or the eLearning, they get to re-try after a certain period of time so we would keep their log ins active although I haven’t thought that far ahead really yet! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rgill29  - you may be able to play some games with the automation app and move folks to branches as they complete said eLearning. Then you can do things with the extended enterprise (if you have the licensing).

I dont know the scale of the project, but you may be able to figure out the access rights to support an instructor-like role to just make a person as completed for a course