Best Answer

Onboarding Dashboard

Hi, 

I’m wondering if there is a way to create an onboarding dashboard for new managers, but once they complete the initial courses, they are moved to a new dashboard. I want to guide them on what courses need to be done first, but it seems they’re never really sure with all the options!

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 6 July 2022, 17:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@KC_SS this can be achieved with using groups with automatic assignment/pages/menus.

You can have a dashboard (page) on a menu for new managers, so that when they log in they see that onboarding dashboard.  

Then have a group with automatic assignment rule to assign managers to the group once they complete the course.  Then have your second dashboard page assigned to a menu that only has visibility to that group for the managers who completed the course. 

Once a manager completes the course they are assigned to the group, and so the next time they log into the platform, they will see the second dashboard.

I think this guide has some more info to help you with setting this up:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Annarose.Peterson thanks for that link, that is a great resource for this question that seems to come up often! Added to my bookmarks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@KC_SS - love this question and agree with the suggestions that have been shared here by the other Community members.

This is something that I remember a number of clients being really excited about back when we released some of these updates to automatic groups back in Oct 2020; particularly the “course completion” trigger to a new group. (note that we were initially referring to this enhancement as “Audiences” internally, so forgive the switch between groups/audience names - I promise they’re synonymous!

It’s a bit old - and I must warn you that the quality is NOT the greatest - but I made a video that’s about 7min long in which I show how users can flow from one group into another by changing the course enrollment status. This also triggers a sequence in which the user gets a different landing page, is enrolled into a new learning plan, and a notification is triggered to the admin.

I’ve attached the slide deck here as well just in case it’s handy, but the steps are pretty straightforward. User status on a course is changed to complete; that triggers a new group; that goes to an enrollment of a course/LP as well as a new menu and page; plus all the relevant notifications. It was a matter of stringing together a few steps, but it’s a really powerful automated flow to set up. :)

Hope this helps. 

@Annarose.Peterson thank you! This was exactly what I’m looking for. However, I’ve struggled with one part.. not sure if you or @SuperShaune can help. 

Why would I put the date as AFTER for the initial group but BEFORE for the second group? 

Create the Onboarded Employee Group 

• Repeat the steps from Step 1, utilizing Start Date” as ourUser additional field condition” but select Before instead of Afteras the operator

I haven’t had success setting it all the way up yet, but I am limited in what fields I can apply it to as a test group since we don’t have a sandbox.