Skip to main content
Question

Open guest access to single module

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

is there a way we can open up 1 single course to guests.  We have 100 invigilators we want to do one single module, and as they are employed we would have to create the users manually.  I’m loath to do this just for them to complete one course.  so is there a way we can open up a course with a guest link (even if we can’t track who completes).

Hi @KTJD not to my knowledge...even when exposing the public catalogue, a new user must create an account in order to enrol in or buy the course.

IN your case, you could create the users using the CSV import which would make it quicker.

To get the users in the course as directly as possible, you could them enable the auto-enrolment link and set the course to auto-launch so they would be taken right into the content when signing in.

Not ideal I know…

Another option could be to enable self-registration with a minimum amount of data required and if you have extended enterprise, place them all in a new sub domain so they remain segregated from your main user base (if needed)

One thought would be to package the course for a format other than an LMS and then maybe host it on your website or perhaps YouTube (private channel even).  You might lose the option to track attendance, but you can provide the learning they need at least.

We typically use Articulate Storyline and package the SCORM. But that software has other options for output. If you use the above option, the course you have might not be ‘fit’ for this purpose (i.e., the course has interactions, quiz, etc. inside and packaging as a video (for example) you would lose that functionality.

Just a thought.  Hope it helps. 😀

As ridiculous as it might sound, you could create a user login and password for that group of people that they all use. I have some sites that create one user account for facility and they all that the course under that ID. It defeats tracking individual users but it works. Maybe create a new user per month if you need more specifics?

You could make a catalog of one course for only that user ID and limit the LMS access to just that.

Thanks all.  We have floated all of those ideas, but I think we’ll bulk enrol them all as users as I think.  Although the request for tracking is not being asked for, from experience someone will ask the question about completion rates further down the line.