(optional) Multiple sessions in an ILT

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi Docebo Squad!

Looking to see if anyone has any good ideas or work arounds for this need.

We have a learning programme that will have bi-weekly drop-in sessions. We want participants to come as often (or as little) as they like. However, they must attend one at a particular point in the programme where they will have been asked to prepare some reflections to share in that drop-in sessions. 

How would you set this up in Docebo? 

All ideas welcome. 

Thank you!

Aimee 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

just remember that users cannot self-register in more than 1 session of a course...they can change sessions at any time however any data related to the previous session they attended will be lost. It really depends on what you want/need to track.

If you need to track each session, then you will need a course for each one (not ideal for sure)

If you don't care about tracking, you can set top the sessions and display them on a calendar but tell your users not to register for any specific session; this way they can just ‘drop-in’ to any session that suits their schedule…

Hope you find soothing useful here…

Userlevel 5
Badge

Yeah creating each session as a course isn’t a viable option especially since you can’t copy an ILT 😡.

I think I will just send an invite for the drop-in sessions outside of Docebo and only track the mandatory session.

I have seen a few similar scenarios and considering that the ILT part of Docebo has been relatively recently updated it is a bit disappointing that these scenarios were not taken into account. 

Thank you for your input.

Aimee

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@aswartz that’;s probably you're best and easiest route right now