Best Answer

Organise groups and branches

• 20 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi there, we have two branches in Docebo - Customer and Employee

Within the employee branch I want to create sub categories for departments and then  teams. Can you tell me what is the best way?

icon

Best answer by JeanetteMcVeigh 20 March 2024, 18:28

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi. I think this might be a larger thought process.

Why do you need/want to use sub-branches? Because maybe using groups is better? Depends on what your end goal is.

Check out this conversation (while brief) on some thoughts about this.

Hope it helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

you can create sub branches easily. When you create a new branch, make sure you choose the parent branch to nest it underneath that one. Once that’s done, you’ll also want to take a look at the Additional Field visibility for your PU’s if that applies. By default it will inherit the settings of the parent branch but you can further define what’s visible (or not) by clicking the ellipse beside the branch > then Set Additional Fields visibility > select what fields you want them to be able to view/edit. 

Thanks so much for your input @JeanetteMcVeigh I think groups may be better.

As mentioned we have two branches created - customer and employee. Within our employee branch I want to organize everyone into departments that match what we have on our HRIS. Is it best to set these all up as groups?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Well, I think that depends.  Users belong to only one branch but can belong to multiple groups. Sounds like in your HRIS each person belongs to only one branch, so you could create sub-branches under employee to put your people in OR create groups.  From what I am reading, I think branches will work for you.  It’s all about the maintenance of things...good luck.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@lshortt as someone who has a similar setup (internals and externals), if I had it to do over again, I would use more sub-branches based on CSV imports for the internal (employees).

But we ended up doing a Salesforce integration and that has further limited some of our choices (due to automations built into it).

For our externals we use groups to isolate the externals from each other, and for reporting. One automatic group per external company, based on a user additional field in the user’s profile (company name).