Outlook, Calendar Attachments, and Calendar Links

• 14 August 2021
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@stefano.bonacina if your IT dept is still keeping to internal hosted solutions, they must be supporting custom applications still as a result of it (big selling point of going to cloud is leveraging the Office365 API which lets things like what Docebo did, happen, not remotely the same for on prem) I get it can be a project at that point, but have you tried getting onto their roadmap?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We are currently including the calendar attachment on some ILT notifications, but since they do not sync with the event for any changes in the time, I hesitate to use them for most sessions.  Also, and somehow this is the BIG issue for most people - they want to get a reminder in their calendar - BUT… the calendar attachments we get on the notifications do not have a reminder set on them.  We include instructions on how to save the attachment and a note to set the reminder, but this appears to be too complicated or hard to “remember” for most users.  The export option from My Calendar does the same thing - I am not seeing reminders set on the calendar events by default.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Anyone having trouble with calendar attachments not working properly recently? We have used the ics calendar attachment for ILTs in the email notifications in the past. As of today, the accept button does not respond, so the user ends up adding multiple instances of the event to their Outlook calendar.