Best Answer

Point to Coin Conversion in Gamification

• 28 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Community! Our company is in the final stages of launching Gamification officially, but we are having trouble determining how the system converts points to coins so that we are appropriately allocating for the Reward Shop. We first opened Gamification a couple of months back to see how it works and didn’t connect to the Reward Shop and we found that some users seem to have a 1:1 coin vs point ratio, while others don’t. 

I don’t see where the system allows you to manage that, perhaps in another area of the Admin Menu? Any insight on this would be super helpful, thanks! - Danielle

icon

Best answer by Allan 6 July 2022, 23:45

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Interesting @DRamirez we are about to start implementing so want to follow this thread...Thx for posting

Have you considered utilizing Badges already configured to real world prizes?  (QR codes used to download coupons at fast food joints everyday) Imagine utilizing a QR code recognizable by a mobile device’s camera that links to actual redeemable real world merchandize.  The Badge ICON being the specific QR code.  Imagine 5-10 dollar gift certificates to Star Bucks.  Thinking alternative methods to get calculations out of the mix.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you @Dpolan for that idea!

Userlevel 4
Badge

>We first opened Gamification a couple of months back to see how it works and didn’t connect to the Reward Shop and we found that some users seem to have a 1:1 coin vs point ratio, while others don’t

My guess is this is related to the rewards shop not being enabled at the same time that gamification was active -- perhaps coin accumulation only triggers if the rewards shop is set enabled - (might be worth testing in sandbox).

The only other item I can think of is checking to see if you have any badges configured that deduct points (from my testing years ago, this didn’t remove coins, just points).

Sadly the management of gamification leaves much to be desired (e.g. lack of easy auditing tools like getting a quick and simple count of how many coins are “minted”/in existence, manually adjusting coins [+/-] without creating “dumping” rewards, etc.)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Interesting @DRamirez we are about to start implementing so want to follow this thread...Thx for posting

Hi! Have you implemented Gamification yet? I wanted to check in and see how it’s going.